February 1, 2014

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Astringent

I've heard about this toner especially Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent from a lot of beauty bloggers and most of them say they liked it. While at Whole Foods browsing for some skin care items, I happen to see both the Thayers Original Witch Hazel Astringent and the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Astringent. It took me a long time which to pick, but since I love roses, I went for the Rose Petal. I always want to feel extra special whenever I do my skin regimen at night so it has got to be ROSES.

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Toner with Aloe Vera Formula [$9.95]
Over 120 years ago, Rose Thayer, niece of Henry Thayer M.D., developed an all-natural recipe for extra-soft, youthful-looking skin. As she aged, many would comment on how she always looked 10 years younger than she was. Now, for the first time, her secret formula of Rose Petal water blended with Witch Hazel extract, Certified Organic Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, is being made available.Witch Hazel helps to tighten pores, and to smooth and beautify skin without drying. Thayers® proprietary Witch Hazel extract (derived from the bark) is not distilled, thereby maintaining all the beneficial natural tannins. Assay of hamamelitannin shows that Witch Hazel bark extract is 31 times richer in hamamelitannin than the leaf extract and 87 times richer than the stem extract (Resource: Vennat, B., "Tannins from Hamamelis virginiana" Planta Medica 54(1988):454-457).
Alcohol-Free
Paraben-Free
Propylene Glycol-Free
Un-Distilled Witch Hazel (with all the beneficial natural tannins)
Moisturizes
Cleanses
No Animal Testing 
Ingredients:Water (Purified), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract (Thayers proprietary un-distilled), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water (Rose), Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

Directions:
Apply with a cotton ball or soft pad to cleanse, soften, refresh and moisturize skin. Use anytime throughout the day as a softening refresher.


I've been using this for 2 months and what grabbed me besides the brand itself is the vintage-y look and the rose extract of it. It is Alcohol-free, Paraben-free and Pthalate-free; great product without stripping the natural oils of the skin. For a huge bottle with a price less than $10, I find that it is really worth of a purchase which is a great value for money. I love to use this toner for my night regimen after I washed my face, as it feels soothing, removes dirt (face, neck and decolletage) and gentle to the skin. My pores, however, still look the same as they were 2 months ago. It also did say you can use this product 'anytime throughout the day as a softening refresher', I haven't tried that and I do not think I will do that either. Currently, I still have 2/5 of the product left, and it didn't caused me any skin problems such as dryness, redness or breakouts especially for an oily skin myself. It leaves my skin moisturized besides applying a recent serum and moisturizer in my regimen.

I find this product intriguing as it says, "Rose's secret to looking 10 years younger...naturally". I don't think it will happen instantly or by using just a single or two bottle to get younger skin. But I suppose it will if used for... years, maybe? This is the first time I used this product, so... kind of hard to tell such difference, but it is always good to know every time I apply this product on my face.


I love ROSES. However, the scent of this toner reminds me of an old lady scent or medicine. It makes me feel bad to I tell you it smells nothing like roses. It is not really that bad, but for a product that says it has 'roses', I kind of expect a soft and feminine scent.

For a toner with a bottle this big, this is definitely worth the purchase for less than $10. It will take you forever to finish this big bottle of toner. Great addition to anyone's skin care regimen. Made my skin soft and nice, but what I dislike the most is the scent. I cannot smell the roses at all. I want to repurchase this toner, but the smell makes me want to think twice.




4 comments: