March 31, 2013

STRIP-IT Hair Removal Cold Wax

I've been using Strip-It for 2 years now, and this is my review about this wonderful product! I had to stay away from razors and depilatory creams because the hair grows faster and thicker and can lead to serious darkening of the skin. I had to do something till I searched online and found this product.



Have a lighter skin that is silky-smooth and hairless for weeks! 
STRIP IT sugaring removes hair from the roots (epilating), thus hair is unseen from 2-4 weeks. With continued use, hair becomes sparser, softer, and finer. That is why it's preferable to shaving or using depilating. Since sugaring adheres tightly to the hair but not the skin as, so there is 50% less pain & discomfort than with other waxes.
Strip It will give you a clear, smooth & light skin. It also exfoliates by stripping off dead skin. It is laced with moisturizer making the skin soft. And the Calamansi lightens the skin! 
Strip It is an all natural , water-soluble, and hypoallergenic COLD sugar wax. NO HEATING is required. Get the great benefits of waxing while saving time and money!

I remember the first time I've used this cold wax. I still remember that fear I would go through just to get a smooth hair-free skin. I've seen people on television screaming after being waxed, and I thought to myself, "What in the world am I doing?!" But then, I read lots of raves from other people especially women who loved the product. If they could do it, why can't I? I ordered my first 200g tub online and hoped for the best.

I got my package days later: each Strip-It paper bag comes with: a tub of the wax, an instruction manual, a wooden applicator, and 2 Long sheets of Reusable Cloth (cut it to make up to 12 strips).

Since it was my first time to wax on my own, I had to read the manual a lot! It was frustrating how much product I wasted without even seeing the results. I even thought of giving up, but I knew I can't! My first waxing (at home) was painful. I had to scream if I must. My skin was reddish (normal reaction), but I got smooth skin like I always wanted. Every time I see those hair on the cloth, I was like, Ewww! It is so satisfying to see the hair down to the root.

In the long run, I finally got the hang of it. I can estimate the right amount of wax I needed and how hard I should exert effort to pull the hair out. I need to be patient, and eventually, realizing the pain was tolerable enough over time especially for a first time myself. There were times the tiniest hair could not be removed, and I had to ask for help. And no, I do not use it in my bikini area. That's a different story.




SUGAR WAXING TECHNIQUE:
  • Make sure the skin is completely clean and dry.
  • Powder lightly if skin is oily, and then brush it off completely.
  • Hair should be at least 1/4 inch long.
  • Apply Strip-It to your skin with the wooden spatula, in the direction of your hair growth. The skin surface must be flat so do this wile stretching your skin thus covering the full area.
  • Take a cloth strip, press it down firmly onto the waxed area and rub for a few seconds only. Remember to leave a small space at the end of the strip for pulling.
  • Hold your skin taut (stretched tight) so that all hairs will be pulled when you strip off the cloth.
  • Then immediately strip off the cloth in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Do this rapidly but closely to the skin. *If the strip is removed slowly or sugaring stayed on the skin too long, the hair will not come off. Note that you need a little force in pulling.*
  • If few stray hairs remain, you can re-wax or tweeze them.
  • Wipe the skin with a damp cloth or towel afterwards to remove excess sugaring.
If redness and bumps occur, it should disappear within an hour. This is a normal reaction. As with any waxing treatment, some discomfort may be experienced. You may reuse the same cloth strip with the residual on it; soak it in water to dissolve the sugaring off. Rinse and let it dry. Do not scrub or wring.

Do not wash, use alcohol, creams, astringent or deodorant right after waxing. The pores are open at this time and may be clogged. It is advisable that you do the procedure after the bathing and before going to bed.





LOVE:
  • That brown sugar scent it has! It feels I wanted to eat it, but I knew I can't!
  • No heating required (A GENIUS IDEA!)
  • Minimal pain over time of use
  • Almost available anywhere in the Philippines
  • Affordable
  • That clean, smooth, hair-free feel afterwards
  • Saves you time and money without going to a professional waxing salon
  • Over time, the hair grew sparser and the skin is also exfoliated

NOT SO LOVE:
  • Costly. You have to purchase a tub every month or so depending on your use to get rid of the hair.
  • Time consuming
  • Can be a little messy, but once you got the hang of it, it is no sweat at all
  • Although I wanted to see a hair-free body forever, the hair will still grow. You have to wait for the hair to grow at least 1/4 centimeters before waxing

Overall, it was a good experience with the waxing right in the comfort of my own home. I always make sure I have a tub ready for me to use. If this is your first time waxing on your own, do not fear. I recommend this product to every one who wants to get smooth skin -- men and women. A sure must-have!

(I've been eyeing for their other variant, Strip-It Chocolate Sugaring as well. LOL! But, we shall see...)

Visit their Facebook Page!




11 comments:

  1. wait lang po mejo naguluhan lang po , so tlgang kahit mag wax po kayo gamit nito meron paring tutubong buhok? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Every person who waxes will still see their hair grow after a week or two. No pain, no gain. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The costs varies from the size of the tub.
      100g - Php130
      200g - Php200
      350g - Php295

      You can check their websites here for more information:
      https://www.facebook.com/stripit.wax
      http://strip-it.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. maganda ba syang gamitin? :)) hindi ba masasayang pera ko? gusto ko lang isure kasi bibili ako ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Okay siya gamitin. Thick un consistency nung wax kaya matatanggal ung unwanted hair. Basta't pull the cloth with force.

      Delete
  4. sabi naman sa manual you can tweeze small hair. since ung nutrients naman ng wax magpe-penetrate dun sa area kng saan ka nagbunot ng buhok. Just don't wash ur UA after the procedure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did say in the manual you can tweeze OR re-wax. I never tweeze (underarm hair) in all my years.

      I've been waxing at home for years when I first started using the product. I actually like to take a bath AFTER I get myself waxed, or also as it is said in the manual, you can wipe it with a damp cloth to remove excess product. The wax is very sticky and it makes me uncomfortable if I let it stay on my skin for too long.

      Guess you can say it is everyone's preference. :)

      Delete
  5. saan makakabili nito? sa watson ba meron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this Strip-It Waxing Kit online.

      I know WATSON also sells wax strips or hair removal kits, but I have not tried any of them.

      Delete
    2. Here's a link:
      https://web.facebook.com/stripit.wax/photos/p.10153182898912470/10153182898912470/?type=3&theater

      Delete