May 5, 2013

Human Heart Nature Nourishing Face Toner

Months ago, I ran out of my favorite toner, the Human Heart Nature Hydrating Face Toner. I've been trying to contact our local dealers in my area, but they were hard to reach. I was thinking of buying any toner available, but I am just that afraid.

One day, my boyfriend helped me and asked someone who held a recent sale some time ago to contact this distributor of Human Heart Nature. (I am so happy for his efforts!) Unfortunately, the toner I was looking for wasn't available. But instead, they have the 200ml Human Heart Nature Nourishing Face Toner. I soon agreed rather than have nothing in my hands. Besides, this could be a new experience for me to try their other toners.


Let me remind you though that I have an oily skin. Even though it says on the product that it is suitable for normal or sensitive skin, I didn't mind it at all. I even love tomatoes! So learning that tomatoes are the main ingredient, I just simply had to try it and see if the product works for me.


According to the website:
100% Natural | For NORMAL or SENSITIVE SKIN

Nurture it with the goodness of tomato extract, from our all-new Nourishing Face Toner. It’s one of the most powerful antioxidants that soothes and helps repair skin leaving it unbelievably smooth, soft and healthy – inside and out. It doesn’t just help prevent skin damage caused by free radicals, it preps your skin for what should come next – moisturizing! The end result? Nothing but fresh, soft and breathtakingly smooth skin! 
You have NORMAL or SENSITIVE skin if when you experience at least three (3) of the signs below:
- You wake up and your skin is the same as the night before 
- Your pores look small or invisible 
- After washing, your skin looks red and sting 
- Your face usually feels pretty comfortable and soft 
- Your skin reacts adversely to certain products, especially those with alcohol, synthetics, fragrances, etc.
If you experience the above, you need to nourish your skin to keep it clean and healthy!

I've been using this toner for 2 months before going to bed. It helped me maintain that glow and healthy skin. I love that it is organic and affordable. I love that it has tomato extract in it. I do also LOVE that bubblegum scent it has! It smells so nostalgic because it reminds me of a Bazooka Bubblegum! Whenever I apply this on my face (neck and décolletage), it brings me back those memories! I consider it as my treat every night before going to bed. I LOVE that sweet bubblegum scent! I never expected such scent in this bottle.

HOWEVER.... the downside of the product was the stinging sensation. The first time I used this I was alarmed by that burning feel on my face. It wasn't THAT painful, but the stinging was there! I started to worry and checked if my skin had burns. I was sure I was looking at a Human Nature Nature product, so I knew I shouldn't worry too much, but still I need to look for answers online. Perhaps I was allergic to its ingredients? Whatever it was I immediately logged online for beauty reviews and checked their website.

From their website it says that it is completely NORMAL. They said:
What you've encountered is completely normal. It could be the cooling sensation due to the menthol that we added on the formula. Menthyl Lactate gives a cooling effect on the skin which helps close your pores even without the use of alcohol.
I find it hard to believe it was the menthol that started it all. Then again, that menthol added in their Human Heart Nature Nourishing Face Toner felt different from the toners I've ever tried! It was definitely scary that I thought it left burnt marks on my face after using it. But after 2 months, I have to say none of that happened and I'm thankful for that.

I really started to like this product. I could alternate this to my Human Heart Nature Hydrating Face Toner from time to time because I really loved them. But the stinging sensation from this toner left me hesitant if I should purchase it in the future.


UPDATE! October 11, 2013
There were two kinds of toner available a month ago: the Balancing toner and their Nourishing toner. I was running low on my favorite Hydrating toner, and I needed a back-up only to find they were out of stock. I grabbed this toner instead and hoped for the best! But surprisingly, after a week or two, I didn't felt any stinging on my face. Human Heart Nature must have changed the formula, or something. There's no irritation or rashes on my skin after use which is a huge plus! The bubblegum scent is still there which I really L-O-V-E. I now have two toners to choose from whenever I ran out of toner. I am happy whatever they did to this because it finally has loved my skin! I. LOVE. THIS. TONER. ^_^ If you are a little skeptical to use this toner, do a patch test first before applying this on to your face.


Price:
Php99.75 for the 100ml bottle
Php199 for the 200ml bottle

Do not forget to check for its expiry date; store the product below in a 35°; and, keep in mind not to let the product be exposed in direct sunlight.


4 comments:

  1. Is it good for my skin? I have normal and dry skin. Would you recommend it? Is it okay to use this with other non human nature products? Like dove facial wash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It did say this toner is suited for people who have Normal or Sensitive skin type. It just depends if you are allergic to certain ingredients which could cause some reactions (i.e. sting, breakouts and redness). Try out a sample first and see how it goes.

      Yes, you can definitely use this toner with other non Human Heart Nature products. :)

      Delete
  2. I just tried it today and it really burns....it hurts too much to continue use....it started around my nose and went to my checks as I left it on longer ....finally I went to wash it off. My face felt painful and it didn't subside till I washed it off. The face wash is great but the toner is a disappointment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! Have you contacted HUMAN HEART NATURE about this? How is your skin now? I also did felt that stinging sensation (but somehow tolerable) on my face when I first used the product and got me worried. Thankfully it subsided after a few minutes. According to the website, it supposedly gives off a cooling effect, but for some of us it was a different reaction. Your skin could also be allergic to some of its ingredients. Or could be you have a sensitive skin type (though the packaging already says it is good for normal and sensitive skin). If it feels unbearable, discontinue use and try other toners suited for you.

      Delete