February 14, 2014

Dr. Bronner's Organic Peppermint Hemp Castile Liquid Soap

One product I want to try because I've seen this everywhere. I really do not have any idea what scent is popular, but luckily, the day I was at Trader Joe's, this Peppermint scent was the only variety available. Well, that was easy! I gave it a go since it was $10 for a bottle this big!

Dr. Bronner's Organic Peppermint Hemp Castile Liquid Soap 16oz [$10]

From their website:
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soap is our most popular fragrance. The peppermint essential oil tingles the body and clears the mind. Therapeutically used as a mild stimulant, peppermint oil increases vitality and clarity. All soaps are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program. All soaps are also certified Fair Trade. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic bottles.  
Ingredients:
Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Mentha Arvensis*, Organic fairDeal Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic
Peppermint Oil*, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin  
Suggested Uses:
Completely biodegradable and vegetable-based, our Classic Liquid Soaps Made With Fair Trade & Organic Oils have been called the "Swiss-army knife" of cleaning – usable for just about any cleaning task. These simple, ecologically formulated soaps are gentle enough for washing body, face or hair, but also powerful enough for tasks like dishwashing, mopping, laundry and even pest control. Different tasks call for different dilutions of the soap.

At first glance, the packing didn't look intriguing to me. If I didn't know about the brand, I would have never ever give a second thought of getting this. As I read the packaging, I was kind of confused with all the written information for a single product. There were finer prints that I can barely read. After self-debating, I decided to get one. Besides, I can always use this as a body wash in case I didn't like it hence 'liquid soap'. 

This is an awesome versatile product for less than $10. Gentle to be used to clean oneself, and at the same time, it can be tough enough as an all-around household cleaner. Here is an article to give you ideas on how to use the Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps.

It has a light brown color to it with a thin consistency, almost just like water. I kind of got worried if I need to use as much just to get it lathered because I thought it would be at least a concentrate. I added a little on my loofah and scrubbed away, and surprisingly, it lathered really well. Now that is a huge money-saver! A little product -- as in a teaspoon of this -- is all it needs for that beautiful lather!

Though I would want to expound a bit more if it does what this product says it does, let me tell you that I used this product only as a body wash -- nothing else. How can you blame me with that peppermint smell every time I shower this myself with? It gives me that tingling feel and leaves me feeling clean and fresh. It also doubles up as it clears my mind whenever I take a shower. Everything just smells amazing!

I would love to purchase this again, and see how well it will clean fresh produce, or how well it does as a general household cleaner. Even though the answer is pretty obvious, I prefer to see it for myself and tell you all about it. But since I did not do any of that besides as a body wash, I can't type anything else for this post. I also read somewhere online that some people use this to brush their teeth with. Er, I don't know about that. I never dared to because it sounds kind of risky thinking about it. If I did, I could end up swallowing that liquid soap. It may say it is a natural all-purpose product, but that doesn't mean I want to use it to clean my teeth. Soap is soap.

The scent is ah-mazing! If you love peppermint, GET IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment