October 24, 2013

Human Heart Nature: 100% Natural Premium Deodorant

I've used a lot of 'regular' deodorants to make me look and smell fresh everyday. But these few years, I start to get conscious on what I take for my body -- inside and out. I start to read and opt for natural products especially deodorants. Not only that these 'regular' deodorants has a lot of health risk because of these harmful chemicals that can absorb through our skin and enter our bloodstreams, it is also the cause of dark underarms.

I can't recall when I bought this Human Heart Nature's Happy Pink variant. I also love the color pink that's why I picked this. I've read some good reviews online, and I thought to try it. The packaging is so cute! It's a roll-on deodorant which comes in a 50ml for Php89.75. It has no parabens and has no aluminum salts. That's great news!

Our Premium Deodorant gives better odor-masking and longer deo protection that can last all day! Now you can be active all day without worry!  Its natural extracts and oils even help lighten and smoothen underarms, without leaving those ugly white streaks on your shirt.  And because it’s 100% free of harmful chemicals, you get only the good!

Why risk it? Many chemical antiperspirants contain aluminum salts that close pores to stop sweating. Studies have linked these and other ingredients (e.g. parabens) with health risks from neurotoxicity to reproductive problems.* Is it worth the risk? You decide! Our deo is not an antiperspirant but will protect you from body odor without harmful chemicals.

Ingredients: aqua, glycerin, zea mays starch (cornstarch), triethyl citrate (plant derived), stearyl alcohol, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, sodium caprinoyl (vegetable
derived), lauroyl lactylate (vegetable derived), fragrance (all natural), glyceryl stearate, glyceryl caprylate (coconut, palm and glycerin derived), xanthan gum, p-anisic acid (anise seed derived)


I shake the product before I apply this on my underarms after taking a bath. It feels sticky when I applied it, but it dries afterwards leaving with moisturized underarms. It didn't caused me itchiness, redness nor caused me dark pits. In fact, I've read some reviews that it helped them lighten their underarms. It didn't stain my clothes which is a plus!

Unfortunately, I am not happy with this product. For a 50ml, which is not quite a lot, is taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get this over with! I had this product sitting in my closet for months now. I used it the following day as soon as I bought it, but it didn't gave me the protection I needed even when I'm at home, or if I know I won't sweat that much since I am inside an air conditioned office. Few hours after use, I swear I could smell myself whenever I raise my arms. I start to get tense, though I knew I shouldn't tense too much because it will only aggravate my hormones and possibly lead to worse which is very embarrassing. It did mention I should re-apply throughout the day as needed, but I hate to swipe it again because it makes me feel sticky. It also doesn't feel sanitary re-applying this throughout the day. Won't it hasten the growth of bacteria from my pits to my deodorant?

I hate to throw this when it still has some product left. I wouldn't say I didn't wash myself thoroughly nor I didn't washed my clothes properly. I don't suppose it's the humidity that got me into this stink. Even when I'm inside an air conditioned room, I still smell. Perhaps this deodorant is not working with my body chemistry? Could it possibly be my natural smell somehow clashed with whatever is in this deodorant that got me this bad? I have no clue WHY. How much more if I play some kind of sport (which I'm not) or had to run errands in this hot climate when I'm wearing this deodorant? I also wouldn't say it's something I eat because I try to eat as less or no processed food at all; I try to eat as healthy as I can opting for more fruits, vegetables, fish, and plenty of water. I know someone who eats way LOT of meat, processed food, alcohol and is a smoker which causes this person's body to emit this unpleasant smell that NO deodorant nor expensive perfume can help. True story.

I've been in front of this computer for hours with this deodorant on as I write this review... and I smell. I have no idea what to do with this. I hate throwing away money. Maybe if I use this with places with cold climates*, then maybe... just maybe it may work.

Check the expiration date before purchasing. Don't forget to keep this out of direct sunlight, and store it in a room 35 degree Celsius and below.



Beauty Tip from Human Heart Nature:
Here’s a nightly underarm care tip many of our customers swear by: before going to bed, apply a few drops of Sunflower Beauty Oil on your underarms and leave on overnight. With regular use, sunflower oil can help even out and lighten your skin. In the morning, apply the Premium Deodorant to continue daytime care for your underarms while keeping body odor in check!

I hope they could improve their formula for this deo so I could use it with confidence whenever I go out. I would love to repurchase this, but this 'smelly' experience is making me hesitate. For now, I'd have to stick to my usual routine to keep my underarms clean, fresh and happy!


*UPDATE: November 13, 2013
No. It doesn't work even on cold climates. But it does make your underarms lighter in the long run so that's a good thing. So maybe, it's up to your discretion when to use it.




4 comments:

  1. same here
    gamit ko din yan ngayon
    mbilis umasim yung amoy ko huhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was only me. I had the same issues with this deodorant. Smelly underarms. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to read your comments. I thought there's something wrong with me haha turns out this deo is the cause of my stinky underarms. Will NEVER use it again.

    ReplyDelete