February 20, 2014

Trader Joe's Nourish Facial Cleanser and Serum

While I was at Trader Joe's, I purchased their Nourish Dermatologist Formulated Antioxidant Facial Serum: for all skin types and the Nourish Dermatologist Formulated All-In-One Facial Cleanser because I've seen the facial cleanser from a lot of Youtube videos that they are raving about, so in it goes in my shopping cart. Plus, I bought a bottle of their facial serum because I feel that's what its lacking in my night regimen. Yep. Surprise, surprise!

Nourish Dermatologist Formulated All-In-One Facial Cleanser [$5.99]

 The Facial Cleanser is a gentle, sulfate-free, soap-free formula that dissolves oil without drying your skin. It's enhanced with antioxidants like green tea extract and vitamins A, C, & E, which aid in rejuvenating your skin. It's gentle enough for all skin types, from sensitive to normal to oily. You can use it for daily cleansing — use a washcloth to add a gently exfoliating element — and it makes a terrific shaving gel, too. We're selling each 8.45 ounce pump bottle for $5.99, every day, a phenomenal value for a Cleanser of this quality.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Phytonadione (Vit. K), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract, Copper Peptides, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

Amazing to find a bottle this big (250ml) which sells for $6! I've been using it for 3 months now, and I still have a product left. It has a gel-like formula and lathers really nicely. I do not know how this exactly exfoliates the skin, as it says in the packaging, but I still opt for my trusty St. Ives Apricot Scrub twice a week to gently get rid of the dead skin cells. After washing my face, my skin feels and looks nice. I also had some breakouts around on my jaw for a couple of months due to stress and weather changes, and now it is gone. It doesn't say it has Salycilic Acid into it, but this product helped me. With its antioxidants, you just know you are giving your skin what it needs without stripping the skin's natural oils. A definite repurchase!

________________________________________________________


Nourish Dermatologist Formulated Antioxidant Facial Serum: for all skin types [$9.99]

This luxurious feeling Antioxidant Serum will leave your skin feeling velvety smooth while supplying it with an abundance of antioxidants including Resveratrol and encapsulated Vitamin C beads.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Thiotic Acid (o-Lipoic Acid), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Retinol (Vitamin A), Resveratrol, Copper Amino Acid Chelate (Tripeptide-1), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed, Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf (Chamomile) Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Extract, Gingko Biloba Extract.

I need a serum because, due to weather changes, my skin looked somehow a bit dry. And unsurprisingly, after my first bottle I had to repurchase because my skin love it!


The packaging look sleek in a 30ml bottle costing $9.99 at Trader Joe's. It comes in a dispenser which you can control of how much product you need. A little goes a long way! I has a lovely hint of citrus-y scent to it which means you know you are applying one of the best vitamins known for radiant skin: Vitamin C. I apply this on my face, neck and chest (I use a different product to moisturize my hands) under my moisturizer to boost hydration and prevent certain signs of aging. You can't neglect them... EVER!

The serum has a waxy feel to it, and I did not like it at first, but the more I see awesome results, I didn't mind it all. It didn't clogged my pores nor caused redness. I use this as for my night regimen with just 3-5 pumps, and it just easily smoothens and absorbs to the skin. After 2 months, my skin just looks supple and healthy.


Looking at the ingredients, you may first think you are getting the best out of your money for $10 and that is a good thing. We love a good deal! But when I saw the product with its transparent container, I kind of thought, "Will this deteriorate the essential vitamins such as Vitamin C?" These vitamins are sensitive to the light so it has to be inside a dark container to protect them (vitamins) while it is waiting for us to purchase these babies. That's just a little concern of mine. But thankfully, been using it for months now, and I got excellent results for my skin.

I would definitely recommend them. They are inexpensive and a good addition in anyone's skin regimen without breaking the bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment