November 8, 2014

THE FACE SHOP Konjac Cleansing Sponge

A cleansing sponge has been in my list for a long time. When it comes to skin care, I am always up to try something new such as this one. Here's one secret to achieve that luminous and healthy skin used by many women.

Konjac Sponge ($7)
This cleansing puff made with 100% all natural vegetable fiber konjac contains 10% natural bamboo charcoal removes skin impurities. Made with nothing but 100% top quality food grade Konjac (Konnyaku) plant root. A naturally moisture rich plant fiber which is by nature alkaline, and thus balances the acidity of the skins impurities and oils. This fantastic sponge gently massages the skin and stimulates blood flow and new growth of skin cells, gently exfoliating your skin, leaving your skin clean and refreshed. Great for cleansing pores eliminating blackheads, dirt & oils. Additionally the sponge is great for those for sensitive skin, yet it suitable for all skin types. Each sponge lasts several months.




This is the cleansing sponge or konjac sponge. It is really delicate and spongy (of course) like a moist rice cake! (This makes me hungry.) It was slightly damp when I opened the packaging making me think it's expired. I looked it up online and it says it's perfectly normal. It didn't have any fragrance at all. Its tear-drop shape is a wonderful to exfoliate around the nose and chin. The bamboo charcoal (that's why it is grey in color) is great for oily skin.

I wait as it absorb water for few seconds, and as it doubled its size, I use it to gently exfoliate my face and neck, with or without my favorite facial cleanser. But I prefer to use it alone just to see how well it does the job. This cleansing sponge feels wonderful to the skin. It wasn't abrasive but tough enough to exfoliate. After use, I give it a soft squeeze to drain the excess water and hang dry. Never wring out your konjac sponge. I hate hanging it in the bathroom... so honestly, I let it hang in my room. *smile* Yep, there's a special place for these sponges in my room. Once it gets dry and shriveled, it is all ready once you let it absorb water. My skin feels soft; it gets rid the top layer of the skin (a.k.a. dead skin). Afterwards, I follow it with my favorite cleanser.

I check my skin almost everyday for the results. Unfortunately, my blackheads are still there and it didn't reduced my pore size at all. I had to use a pore strip to remove them every week. The best part of all: that soft and jelly-like feel of this product which makes me excited whenever I wash my face with. Within 2-3 months, this cleansing sponge will start to deteriorate... and needs to be replaced.

It's a great purchase for that gentle exfoliation of the skin. Sensitive skin types will also love this.




No comments:

Post a Comment