May 27, 2014

Olay Natural White Bar with Papaya Extract

Most Asians will do anything to achieve a lighter skin tone. You will find a lot of whitening products everywhere from soaps, creams to powders containing ingredients that will help even your skin tone.

I am NOT that exactly "white", in case some of you may think. I do not have perfect skin, but it improved over these years. I am one of those people who use an umbrella, sunglasses, use a hefty amount of sunblock whether it is sunny, rainy or cloudy, and still try to stay away from the sun especially between 10am-3pm because UV rays can make your skin dull in the long run if you don't act now! I don't go to tanning salon either... because I don't think there are any here in my country. lol! Some people do not understand what I do, and that is okay.

Olay is one of the products I use when I was conscious about my skin back in high school. I've seen wonderful results for my skin.

The soap I am about to review is not new in the market. I've been seeing this Olay Natural White Bar with Papaya Extract for few years now and I'm seeing this everywhere! Combined it with Olay which is known to be very moisturizing products, you get the best of both worlds.

As a heads-up, papaya extract (and/or Kojic soap*) has always been the top ingredient in soaps here in the Philippines if you want to get a lighter skin tone and can be a little drying as well. Use it gradually because you may find that it stings your skin which they say will help shred the old skin and bring out the new. If you feel a slight stinging, and you still want to go for it, let your skin adjust and work your way up. However, if it feels any way uncomfortable, stop using the soap.

*I used Kojic soap back when I was in high school, and surprisingly, I didn't felt any stinging or burn on my skin. It really does varies to one's skin type.

Olay Natural White Bar with Papaya Extract 120g [Php60 more or less]
*I forgot the price of this soap!*



Natural White contains natural fairness ingredients to lighten your skin tone. Its multi-vitamin whitening ingredients, along with natural mulberry leaf extract, give you smoother and fairer skin, without you resorting to harsh treatments or invasive procedures. 
With Olay Natural White Papaya, achieve skin that is fit for a leading-leady! Not like other whitening soaps, more than papaya extracts, it has ingredients from the Natural White face cream! Get fair, smooth and even skin tone with Olay Natural White Papaya Bar. 
Olay Natural White Body Cleansers contain certain ingredients from Olay Natural White Facial Cream, so you can reveal natural fairness not just for the face, but also for the body.
Product InformationGet all-in-one fairness - smooth, even-toned, and naturally fair skin - with the NEW Olay Papaya Bar! It contains ingredients from the Natural White Cream and Papaya Extracts.
Application InstructionsRub soap on wet hands to lather, and rinse thoroughly.

One of my pet peeves are people who focus too much on whitening their face and they forget to give their body extra care to even out their skin tone. I really don't know what their thinking. I don't think they realize people can easily spot others who try too hard to be white and just neglect everything else. Today, I am glad most people are conscious enough to do something to even out everything from head to toe.

Again, I used this soap once out of curiosity.

I prefer to use this soap specifically for my body; I use a different cleanser whenever I wash my face. I lather the soap and I wait for at least 2-3 minutes before I rinse. I think it slightly dried my skin, but it wasn't that bad. I always use a body lotion to seal moisture. I just don't understand why some girls skip applying lotion just because the soap they used made their skin 'soft and smooth'. Shouldn't they protect their skin still to keep the softness of their skin last longer???

I wouldn't suggest you use this soap if you have sensitive skin or skin problems such as wounds, burns, redness, allergy or rash because you will experience some stinging due to its papaya extract. It happened to me once, and, boy, did I made a wrong move! I was screaming on the inside how painful and itchy it was. I had to stop using it for few days to give my skin a break.

If you are wondering if it made my skin a shade lighter, I can't tell the difference because I've only used it for a month. If you want a fairer skin, you need to use the soap regularly to see results, protect yourself from the sun, and tons of patience.

At the end of the day, you know your skin better. All of us have different skin types. Do what feels best for you and your skin. What may work for others, may not necessarily mean work for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment