January 15, 2013

The Soap Farm

A month ago, my boyfriend saw these soaps which were on sale. He told me about his because he knew I was interested in soaps. He handed me a piece of paper, which was given to him by an employee, indicating the company's name, mobile number, address, and website.

I had to log-on right away to see. And from what I see, I find the soaps so delicious to look at; they may look like pastries, chocolates, candies, and said they were made organic soaps. This should be good, I said to myself. I was dying to buy their soaps. I also found out they have a showroom right in my area. How awesome is that! I don't need to worry about paying a whopping shipping-and-handling fee to get them (soaps) right in my doorsteps.

We decided to drop-by in the weekend. I was so excited what kind of soaps they have. As soon as we got there I saw a stand, just enough soaps to be displayed, that looked like pastries, donuts, candies, and cupcakes! They all looked delicious, but it was funny when I tried to take a quick sniff, I didn't get that hint of yumminess. Probably it was the plastic wrapping that hinders me to get the scent of the soap, but I knew this shouldn't be the case. It bothers me why I can't get the hint of scent of the product, and I didn't mind thinking my nose was probably malfunctioning at that time.

I bought a few soaps still.

Oreo cookies

Oreo cookie

kisses

chocolate chip cookies

chocolate munchkins

slice of green roll

A slice of chocolate cake

Despite the sale they mentioned, I was surprised all of these soaps I purchased were still budget friendly. With soaps looking this pretty, I was thinking it would cost me a fortune!

It was taking me forever to start using them because they do look delicious to look at. But the day I was thinking to start using them, there wasn't much a scent like I hoped each of these had -- it didn't smelled delicious nor mouth-watering like you-wanted-to-take-a-bite-of-it-but-you-know-you-can't mode. The Oreo cookies, kisses, chocolate cake, chocolate munchkins smelled like an expired chocolate(?); the chocolate cookies, however, had the hint of toasted pinipig or pounded rice flakes that I love; while the green roll had that slight detergent scent to it.

Like any soap, these soaps are easy to lather. And... that's all I can say. It cleanses your skin while taking a bath. But beyond that, there's nothing much else. It's had a beautiful packaging, without the benefits I was looking for in any product. I like to read what products can do for my skin, but their website doesn't have any necessary information. I don't see reviews nor raves from other people who bought their product. They did mention it was organic, but how organic is organic? I need information, and I can't find any!

Their website also sells body scrubs, oatmeal soaps in variants, herbal soaps, and glycerin soaps. But I am just not feeling it.

I let my boyfriend tried some of the soaps as a second opinion (I need someone to help me finish these soaps as soon as possible), and he felt the same way as I am about these soaps. I was going to buy their soaps (donuts and cupcakes) the next day, and I am glad my boyfriend stopped me from buying.

I really wanted to love these soaps, but they're just not worth the hype.




No comments:

Post a Comment