September 25, 2015

The Vimala Alphabet: My First 40-Day Challenge

Nope. You didn't missed any of the updates. I've decided to jump this post on Day 40 with you, right now. You can read my previous post here of what I am talking about.

I have completed the 40-day Vimala Alphabet Challenge! I feel good and I got to say, I am never this excited to write. I have learned a lot and mindfully writing every letters as I practice my 'new' handwriting. I look back at the previous days since I started the challenge and I could see the progress. I keep in mind the affirmation behind the letters' strokes and curves. I gave myself the space to write for 40 days. Why 40 days? The number 40 is the number of transformation which takes the neurons in our brain realign; it is advised not to skip a day -- ever!

So... I haven't bought the book yet. For now, I copy (online) the proper form of writing letters as suggested by Vimala Rodgers. I also get to read some do's and don'ts on how to write letters. It's kind of amazing how my three letters that I intuitively chose speaks a ton about myself; it's kind of scary and accurate! I got myself started and write on a blank unlined piece of paper (in landscape) with my trusty pen. It was also suggested to write row of words starting with the chosen letter, row of words that contain the letter in the middle and another row of words that end with that letter. It wasn't easy at first because it also means I had to look at the Vimala Alphabet closely as possible and see how the other letters are written. I'm not going to lie, but it was frustrating! But as the old saying goes, practice makes perfect.

There are times the "old" way I write letters creeps back. I simply rewrite it with the "new" way of writing. I sometimes find myself pausing for a while before I write either. Besides, who doesn't want to show off their 'new' handwriting? LOL! I started slow and steady and it gets challenging over time but surely I enjoyed the progress. I practiced writing fast while remembering the importance of letters of how it is supposed to be written. I love my handwriting! I am never this excited to grab a pen and paper and write! I can't believe how smooth and gentle I was as I write these wonderful letters. Everything paid off!

Improvements has got to do a lot with inner work and it takes time. Changing the handwriting, as what Vimala Rodgers suggested, will help rewire the neuropathways in our brain. It reverses and retrains the aspects of the brain and releasing from old patterns. It's a personal story for everyone as it expands one's perspective every single day on these changes.


From The Five Noble Truths of Integral Handwriting, I got to say, this speaks true from my experience. "The degree of difficulty in mastering a stroke change is directly proportional to the value it will have in your life. The greater the difficulty, the greater the value".

Below is my handwriting from Day 39:



...and below are my handwriting for Day 40. I chose to write a quote from Rumi. :)


Just looking at my handwriting, I can already see (and feel) what my next three letters need to work on. Any guesses? :) I am going to continue writing every day and watch the progress before my eyes. Letters. are. no. longer. just. letters.


Visit their website.
Visit their Facebook Page.

xoxo,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment