May 7, 2015

Yoni Steam

I did it! I've been thinking about this for months, and I finally did it! Why nobody taught me this? I am in love with it! It was calming and very soothing for me and my yoni. (Yoni is sanskirt for vagina) I bought three red roses for myself yesterday on my way home. This guy asked me what the red roses are for. I didn't tell him. *smiles* This is definitely something for me.

Yoni Steaming is to steam the vagina with herb infused water to nourish, detox and cleanse. It's useful for a number of issues such as yeast infections, uterine fibroids, infertility, irregular to painful periods, and vaginal dryness. Pick the herbs that your yoni needs. The herbs have its different purpose for your yoni.
How does a Yoni Steam work? 
A yoni steam is done much like a facial or nasal steam, except that in this case, a woman allows the steam from a pot with boiled water and herbs to reach the outer lips of her vagina. The tissues of the vagina are exceptionally porous and absorbent, and the warmth of the steam works to soften and open them. 
When the herbs are placed in the hot water, their medicinal properties, including volatile oils are released and carried to the surface of your skin, and to the inside of the vagina, where they are absorbed into the bloodstream and into the uterus. The herbal steam increases circulation, thins mucus, and cleanses the entire reproductive system, allowing it to shed unnecessary membranes and build-up. The results are varied, and amazing. --elephantjournal.com 

I was thinking what other herbs I could use other than roses for my yoni steam. Then it hit me... my body only preferred red roses and nothing else. I like it that I do not need to follow anyone else's 'yoni steam recipe'. I used my intuition and just feel what my body needs.

Here are some herbs used traditionally in a yoni steam: Naturally Fertility
  • Rose petals - Gentle and astringent to tissues of the genitals. A relaxing and uplifting herb.
  • Rosemary - Increases circulation to the reproductive organs, aids in clearing out of old fluids, is also antiseptic and purifying.
  • Lavender - One of the most relaxing herbs, calms the mind and body. Nourishing to the nervous system. Lavender is antiseptic to the vaginal tissues. It is also an antispasmodic, aiding in healthy uterine function.

How to Prepare a Yoni Steam:

1. Find a private space in your home where you can do your yoni steam. You don't want to be disturbed by anyone while you are at it. This is all about you and your yoni.

2. Boil a pot of water with your chosen herbs. Let it steep for few minutes. Place the pot under the open-seated stool, where the steam can pass through.

If you can't find one of these, you can make one of your own.

3. Check to see if the steam is warm, not hot. Do not sit down until the temperature is comfortable for you. The genitals are sensitive to heat.

4. Get yourself naked from the waist down and sit. Wrap yourself with a blanket down to the ground to contain the steam.

5. Wrap your upper body with another blanket to keep yourself warm.

6. Steam for about 20-30 minutes. Relax. You can read a book, meditate, listen to music or journal during your yoni steam.

7. Lie down in your bed for the night after your yoni steam. Protect your entire body from cold drafts, keep warm and avoid sudden temperature changes. After a treatment, drink a lot of water to flush out your system.

8. Keep the pot you used during your yoni steam separate from the rest of the pots. We want to keep everything hygienic. :)


Important:

A yoni steam is NOT advised for women who are: in their period, have vaginal infections, open wounds, any piercings, if you are pregnant or if you think you are pregnant. Do NOT use essential oils; use only dried or fresh herbs.


My Experience:

It was relaxing. I love that warmth rising to my yoni. It was a beautiful experience! Every woman should do this because it does feel good. It sensually awakens the senses of my yoni. It feels different afterwards, like, I am in touch of myself as a woman. It feels very intimate and sexy. This will definitely be part of my monthly routine.

I am happy I finally did this for my yoni. It makes me excited to try other other herbs, and get it mixed in one pot for my yoni. I would love to purchase online some blends all packed and ready for my yoni steam at home. Doesn't it sound delicious?


xoxo,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment