March 20, 2014

Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash

Picked this on a whim because it was on sale at Whole Foods and was curious about this facial foaming cleanser suited for people who have oily/combination skin. I've never heard about this brand before either. I am into organic skin care products so I thought might as well give this a go.


Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash 237ml [$7.49]
This mild foaming cleanser gently removes oil and other residues while oil-free moisturizers keep skin soft, never dry. Aloe vera and extracts of cucumber, sea kelp, birch bark and lavender refresh the skin. pH 5.0 / Vegan & Gluten-free
Ingredients: Aqueous Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Panthenol, Peg-150 Distearate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalus (Rosemary)Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Zinc Sulfate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

I was excited to try this because it did say it is a 'foaming cleanser'. I washed my hands first before cleansing my face as usual, and pumped a bit of the product on my hand with its handy pump. It is paraben-free, vegan, gluten-free, has no animal ingredients (not tested to animals), and with a pH 5.0 with all the good stuff you can learn about this product. Its light cucumber smell is making me nauseous though. Its texture has a gel-like consistency and rich which really is perfect for people with oily/combination skin.

As soon as it touches my skin, this gel-like facial cleanser is soothing and gentle, but it doesn't produce the foam like I wanted even when I added a little water. After I washed my face, I don't think it made my skin better or anything. It has nearly been a month, and I still don't see any improvement. My skin is not happy at all. Not that this causes me breakouts, flakiness or redness, but I just don't like it. It made my skin a little dry and nothing else.

I use my foaming net using this cleanser and it worked so good! Just a pump would create me this lather to wash my face with. I don't know what will I do with this facial cleanser without my foaming net. I am trying to finish this bottle as soon as I can because it makes me feel bad throwing it away. Or perhaps it is time to hand it to someone else and move on?

I love the good bits of this product! It cleansed my face, but I have seen no progress at all.

Not repurchasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment