December 28, 2013

Boots No.7 (Three Product Reviews)

I was at Target a month ago and I found Boots No.7. I've heard about this brand from two beauty gurus I've been subscribed to on Youtube. They really liked this brand and I thought to give this a try. And right on cue, weeks later, since the weather is a bit cold, it left my skin a little dry especially on my*chin area. I have been battling that about a week now.

Boots No.7 Restore & Renew Night Cream 1.69 fl oz (50 ml)
Price: $19.99
No7 Restore & Renew Night Cream nourishes and revitalises mature skin to reveal younger looking, firmer feeling & more even toned skin in 4 weeks. 
Youthful Vitality. Nourish and revitalise your skin with this replenihing night time formula. Created to replenish lost lipids and helps boost your skin's over night repair and recovery processes. Containing Matrixyl.
Help's strengthen your skins resilence to stress and the result is smoother, plumper looking skin that feels firmer and has a renewed healthy glow. Our intensive nourishing complex with an optimum blend of skin identical lipids instantly gets to work to deeply moisturise your skin and help strengthen its resilience to future dryness.
In addition our skin forming complex a unique plant extract derived from the Persimmon Tree works to boost your skin's vitality so that it behaves like younger skin. [link]


Review:
I love the packaging. It has a nice, a bit perfume-y scent to it. I apply this on my face after I washed and toned my skin at night. A little of the product goes a long way! I've been using this for over a month now, and I love that whenever I wake up in the morning, my skin looks fresh, supple, glowing and smooth. I cannot say anything when it comes to fighting fine lines because I do not have any lines on my face... yet. This didn't caused me redness or breakouts. Though I know this moisturizer aims for 'mature skin', I still bought it anyways.

*This product relieved the dryness around my chin area overnight. But after I take a bath and all, of course the product will be washed off, I look in the mirror around an hour, and I see that flakiness that cannot go away! I am not saying it did not work, but maybe I need to add something else in my routine besides exfoliating, drinking water and adding moisturizer. I'm thinking of oils like Vitamin E, then top with my day moisturizer. I hope this will fight the dryness.*



Boots No.7 Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil 200ml/6.7 oz
Price: $8.99
With a combination of nourishing Argon and hydrating Grapeseed oils, packed with Omega 6 and 9, this gentle - foaming oil transforms your everyday shower into a spa experience in the comfort of your own home, conditioning the skin as it softly cleans and moisturizes. The silky lather gently cleanses the skin leaving it feeling soft, supple and hydrated all day long. [link]


Review:
As soon as I read the name of this shower oil in the shelves and the price, I was immediately drawn to it. The packaging stood out to me. It says, "An indulgent in-shower treat, containing nourishing Argan and Grapeseed Oils for soft, supple skin." And when I read the back, it says "Indulgent shower experience.  Give yourself an indulgent start to the day with this luxurious cleansing shower oil.  With a combination of nourishing Argan and hydrating Grapeseed oils, pack with Omega 6 and 9, this gentle-foaming oil transforms your everyday shower into a spa experience in the comfort of your own home, conditioning the skin as it softly cleans and moisturises." Doesn't that sound like any expensive shower oils out there? I doubled check the price and I am positive it read: $8.99. NO WAY! I got to have it!

It says you add a little of the product in your shower puff and then massage all over your body. And I did. For this foaming shower oil, I didn't want to see it all go away so I try to use as little as I can. It is oily, and once mixed with water, it made a little foam. It did mention LUXURIOUS so maybe I thought it'd produce bubbles. Until I read somewhere that shower oils don't really produce bubbles. *poker face* Or maybe, it just meant to say that it gives you "a spa experience in the comfort of your home" as written added with the nourishing oils.

I love the scent at first; it has that floral scent to it, but the more I use this, the more I am put off by its smell which smells like a strong perfume. It makes me a little nauseous. After I rinse, the skin feels soft and moisturized. Apply your favorite lotion on damp skin, and you are good to go!

Hmm... why are the pictures of the product online are yellow, while the one I have is brown? I didn't know there were two kinds!?? One for UK (yellow), and the other for US (brown)? I don't know.



Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask 75ml
Price: $16.99
This peel-off gel-cream mask awakens the skin with a burst of freshness and radiance. Vitamins C and E combine to provide anti-oxidant protection which instantly hydrates and revitalizes, leaving your complexion looking visibly brighter. [link] 



Review:
I love to use this peeling mask once a week if I feel like my skin needs a boost. I use this after my face is clean and dry (then I tone and moisturize afterwards). I apply just enough amount of product on my face and wait for 10 minutes to dry. It is really sticky, messy but gentle to the skin. Do not apply this anywhere near your eyebrows and hair because it will be tricky to remove the product. It made my skin feel and look awake and soft after I used this. A peeling mask is one 'fun' product to add in one's skin regimen if you have the time that is.


Out of the three, my favorites are tied between their Restore & Renew Night Cream and Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil. I would definitely pick them again.

Have you tried any of their products?



No comments:

Post a Comment