May 18, 2016

Venus & Mars Naturals Whitening Underarmour

Commercial deodorants as we all know has harmful chemicals that will affect negatively to our body and one of the culprit of dark underarms. I even doubt if it really lightens underarms in a matter of weeks like they claim. Well, lucky for some, but for the majority, it makes us shun away to wear sleeveless top. I stay away from these types of deodorant and I am really picky what to use for my delicate underarms.

Whitening Underarmour 50ml | Php555
Underarmour is especially formulated to extremely whiten and smooth dark, bumpy underarms as it keeps you cool and fresh throughout the day. It may be used even by people with sensitive skin. It also comes with a very refreshing scent, which will surely de-stress, keep you fresh and brighten your mood all day long! Comes in two variant: ACAI + MULBERRY or ALOE VERA + LICORICE MINT


I bought an each of these deodorants. It was on sale when I bought last year at the World Trade Center.  I have bought V&M's original deodorant years ago were it comes in a green spray bottle. It made me smell fresh all day and lightened my skin in a few months while pairing it with other whitening products. They all worked together!

 (This was taken couple of years ago! The "old" look of their deodorant.)

Now they come in a dark bottles, to which from my knowledge, protects the "sensitive ingredients" from being exposed to the sun. But even still, I still store it somewhere it is not reached from the damaging sunlight... just to be sure. I am not much into the white sticker with labels written of the product thing. I kind of fancy the colorful and cute designs they put out in their soaps than this.

Since I got good results from their "original" deodorant, I have decided to try their new deodorants. Not only it has emu oil and other ingredients that will leave my underarms looking smooth and clean, I am not worried if it will cause irritation or darken my underarms. Just give it a quick shake and spray it, done. Both of these variants smell nice especially the ALOE VERA + LICORICE MINT because it leaves a wonderful peppermint scent. Though the price per bottle is expensive, I'm happy to say it lasted 5-6 months of use. Did it kept me fresh all day along? Yes to an extent as long as I do not run errands left and right especially out in the sun, or a sudden rush of adrenaline coming straight at me. If I am at home or in an air conditioned office, this would work tremendously.

I did also paired it with V&M's CPC+G Oil. (I'll still make a review on that!) I dabbed a little of this and sprayed this deodorant to see if it worked, but sadly, after 5-6 months, it did NOT lighten my skin. Maybe a teeny bit it did lighten, but it wasn't an overall drastic change. I was expecting a lot out on this product since they come in new packaging and new formulas.

Would I buy it again? Yes I would. Only because it is a trusted brand I have used for a few years and my skin did not irritate at all. Natural deodorants are hard to find these days that also work well for my body chemistry. (Though there is a part of me that wanted to create my own deodorant. I found a homemade deodorant recipe on Youtube a week ago.) For now, I can't jump around and test another deo because we all know underarms are very sensitive; a slight irritation means embarrassing dark spot in that area! But if I did ever find something better, and done my research, why not?

xoxo,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment